JOB TITLE: SENIOR FIRMWARE ENGINEER
EXPERIENCE: 7+ YEARS
LOCATION: MORRISVILLE, NC
Technosoft Innovations is a product development consulting firm serving the healthcare, consumer, and industrial markets. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results, who know how to design develop and deliver products. Our customers encompass a broad variety of markets and technologies and we value employees who are versatile and able to quickly adapt to new challenges.
We are currently searching for a Firmware Engineer, for our Morrisville office, with experience in product development. The ideal candidate will demonstrate creative problem solving, engineering principles, and some knowledge of manufacturing processes. Excellent communication, teamwork, and a passion for product development are essential to our team.
- Will be involved in projects at all stages, from time estimation for proposals through design and manufacturing.
- Participate in product development brainstorming meetings.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools. Defect tracking tools, and peer review and version control experience
- Demonstrated capacity for capturing/documenting product requirements and creating design specification
- Ability to write and maintain project documentation and records
- Ability to work alone or in teams and communicate effectively
- Test and troubleshoot new and existing codes
- Follow Technosoft QMS design controls, including design documentation and writing and executing verification test protocols.
- Manage and guide third party standards testing, such as IEC, UL, FCC
- BS, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of Firmware engineering experience with embedded products. Total Industry experience 10 to 15 years.
- Expert level C/Embedded C++ programming skills for Microprocessors
- Experience with RTOS Kernel, BSP development, middleware integration skills for embedded Microprocessors
- Familiarity with standard communication buses and protocols
- Demonstrated expertise and experience integrating firmware and application software systems
- Hands-on system bring-up, testing, and debugging skills
- Understanding of current manufacturing methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Leadership experience to manage teams and align team with technology roadmaps, conduct design reviews, and direct customer communications.
- Understanding and experience with FDA, cGMP, ISO medical device regulatory requirements for Class I/II, ISO 13485 preferred.
- Familiarity with IEC 62304 or comparable regulated SDLC preferred
- Experience with IOT technologies including RF design.
- Experience with DFT and DFM analysis.